Hot waxing is also known as hard wax and it’s perfect for the removal thick, coarse hair in areas such as the bikini, underarms, and face. Without the right knowledge, it is often not advised to use hot wax from home as you should be aware of certain safety precautions and have the knowledge to apply it correctly. So if you do decide to use this method of hair removal method from home, then be careful and cautious of the temperatures you are using.
The Hot Wax Procedure
You will need:
Hot wax machine: It keeps the wax at the perfect temperature throughout the whole procedure. These can be purchased for affordable prices alone of included in a hot waxing kit.
Wax: There is no need for strips as the wax becomes the strip once it becomes hard on the skin.
Wooden sticks: These are used to scoop out the wax and spread onto the skin.
Talcum powder: This will be applied before the wax to ensure the skin is completely dry free moisture.
Oil or oil wipes: This is the best way to remove wax residue after the procedure.
Either purchase a hot waxing kit which will include everything needed for the procedure or buy these items separately, as you wish.
• Your hair must be the length of 5mm before waxing.
• Exfoliate to avoid ingrown hairs.
• Ensure you don’t suffer from any waxing contraindications.
1. The hot wax is melted and heated in the hot wax machine to a specific temperature and then tested on the wrist to ensure the temperature is not too hot.
2. Apply talcum powder to the area before the application of wax to ensure the area is free from any moisture.
3. Apply the hot wax in a thick layer onto the skin in the direction of the hair growth with the help of a wooden spatula. If the application is not consistent or thick enough, extra coats can be applied 3 times to give an even application.
4. The hot wax will become hard within seconds which means it is ready to be removed. Hold the skin taut and remove the wax in the opposite direction of the growth.
• Remove any wax residues with oil or oil wipes and rinse it off with water to avoid your pores getting clogged.
• Avoid hot temperatures such as sauna, sweaty workouts, and baths for 48 hours.
• Avoid excessive sun exposure in the freshly waxed area.